Home-Start offers support, friendship and practical help to parents with young children throughout the Mid and West Suffolk areas.
Home-Start offers a unique service. We recruit and train volunteers who have parenting experience themselves and offer families informal, friendly and confidential support.
Parents ask for Home-Start's help for all sorts of reasons:
* They may feel lonely or isolated in their community, have no family nearby or be struggling to make friends
* They may be finding it hard to cope because of their own or a child's physical or mental illness
* They may be finding it hard to talk to anyone
* They may be suffering increased stress and finding things overwhelming
Find out more
and contact us
if we could help you.
What we do
* Carefully match volunteers with families who need support * Encourage confidence and independence
* Work alongside parents helping them to achieve their aims and goals
* Offer support, friendship and practical assistance
* Help families to access their local area and networks
* Provide groups for families to get together
Find out about our home-visiting service here
or the groups we run here
Volunteers, who have parenting experience themselves, offer tailor-made, emotional and practical support to families through:
* Listening to worries or concerns
* Using local services or specialist support
* Sharing your own experiences of parenting and family life
* Accessing benefits, grants and financial support
* Talking through options and choices
* Providing support, friendship and encouragement
Find out more
about becoming a Home-Start Volunteer.